Monday 3 August 2015

JACK OF ALL TRADES


So I have been thinking…… about this phrase and I googled it. the result of what I find got me really thinking because I did not like it. The pharse is ‘Jack of all trades, master of none’.
I googled the meaning and this is what they say.


But this is what I think. This phrase is so old school, and don't apply anymore. I think people should be able to do what ever they want, without anything holding them back. I mean why do we always have to find ways to limit ourselves. Isn’t that why there is such a word as multi-tasking or juggling? I believe the concept and idea behind these words is to do a lot of things at once. And do them well


Women have been doing it since time in memorial anyway so watcha saying…… Why can't a lady be a fashion designer, makeup artist and Baker at the same time?
And why can't a dude become a barber, Mc and Fashion designer at the same time.

Right from time, I never liked this phrase because I believe if you want to do something really bad, then there is always a way to go about it. Nothing on this earth is impossible.
Take for example all those big stores that sell provision, cosmetics, house hold appliances and many other stuff all under one roof.
Another one is celebrities.  I love the way they multi-task. I mean there is hardly an actress or actor these days who isn’t also a producer, or director, fashion designer, musician and and mc all at the same time. I don’t see anybody telling them they are Jacks of all trades and Masters of none.

 Come to think of it, times are changing and nobody dose one thing anymore. Its not like back in the days when your mum is only a teacher or your dad is only a banker, these days there is always bills to pay, so there is always more to do.


I want to move the motion for the phrase to be changed from 'Jack of all trades, master of none' to ‘Jane of all trades, mistress of all’. Don’t you just love the sound of that.
Listen. don't let anyone tell you you can't do something, because thats just BS.

Have a lovely day and stay out of trouble.

No comments: